Friday, November 27, 2009

Postlude






My song of Thanksgiving continues today as I reflect on the countless blessings in my life. They've always been there, but I haven't always acknowledged them. When I take a quiet moment to be still and know that He is God, however, I see more. I hear more. I feel more. I am more aware of His goodness, more overwhelmed by His grace, more humbled by His sacrifice.

As I walk hand-in-hand with Anniebeth down the Salmon Creek Trail, pointing out rose hips and herons, I savor the gift. As I watch Drew's interest in the mileage that we accomplish and the ecological efforts taking place along the creek, I savor the gift. As I watch Miss Avery Kate barrel down the trail on her noisy training wheels, leaving smiles on the faces of fellow trail-wanderers, I savor the gift. And as I watch Aidan take the lead and veer toward every single mud puddle in sight, I savor the gift.

The gifts will continue. I know this, because my Father delights in bestowing gifts on his children: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. My prayer is that I continue to acknowledge these gifts, savoring these blessed glimpses into the Lord's heart for His people.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...