Saturday, October 20, 2012

{Fall Inspiration}

Have you felt the nip in the air? Has your breath been taken away by the vibrant hues splashed across the trees?

There's something crisp and exhilarating about fall that makes me want to hold onto it for as long as possible. One way I do this is by bringing it inside.

My mom recently made several centerpieces for a church function, and I quickly fell in love with the look she came up with. Determined to do the same for our own table, I looked around the yard and grabbed some birch branches and a few scarlet-tinged leaves. A little weaving here, a little tucking there, and a wreath began to take shape.


Little Miss had gathered some acorns near the library yesterday, and she was more than willing to let them play a role in our centerpiece. A few decorative apples (from another project) found their way into the mix, and I added some moss (also from another project) to give it a cozy-nesty kind of look. It was fun to come up with as many "homemade" options as possible. The only purchase I made involved laying out a whole $1.18 for the cinnamon sticks. Not bad!

I love walking by my table and seeing the warm, bright colors. And of course the kids love lighting and blowing out and lighting and blowing out and lighting and blowing out the centerpiece. Fun for all. Fun for fall!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! I happen to have a candle I made way back when in my MOPS group with the cinnamon sticks all around like that. It has to be at least 8 years old, but still has the spicy cinnamon smell. I'm a little leary of making a centerpiece as of late. My youngest pulled the last one of the table and it shattered into a white glass mess. Yours looks less breakable and all natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chanda! Yes . . . maybe a plastic centerpiece for now? ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...