Saturday, September 7, 2013

{Nooks and Crannies}

We dive full speed ahead into our school year next week. Deep breaths. Things look a little bit different this time around. Drew and Bethie will be taking classes part time at a local school (they've already had their first half day). They're excited for the new adventures and challenges, and I'm looking forward to having some quieter, simpler days with Aidan and Avery. (Not that they'll be quiet. Just easier. Maybe.)


I've been working on the school room on and off for days, hitting thrift shops here and there to add little touches along the way. The room is made mostly of windows and cabinets, which is excellent for light and storage. Not so much for wall decor.


It's been a fun challenge (and a unique and specific way to pray!) to find pieces that fit in the little nooks and crannies that make up the rest of the space.


A new school year always makes me think of the line from You've Got Mail: "I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils . . . ." As I sharpened pencils and sniffed crayons (of course) I was young again. And I love it that the kids are just as excited about pens and pencils, composition notebooks and binders.


There's a nip in the air and that charming slant of light that is so Septemberish. This morning was deliciously foggy. Soon we'll crave evening fires. The squirrels are busy and the earth is preparing to don its golden hues. I think I'm just about ready. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...