Monday, January 31, 2011

The Husband

I've noticed a trend among female bloggers to refer to their husbands by some sort of nickname. Take, for example, Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman), who is married to "Marlboro Man." And then there is Ann Voskamp over at A Holy Experience, happily married to her "Farmer Husband." I've read of women married to "The Captain," and I've read of women married to "The Man."

So it's got me to thinking. Am I supposed to give my own husband a name? I've always just referred to him as Jamie. Except for a brief period when I called him Farm Boy because I needed him to fetch me a pitcher. And the other time when he was Lightning because I was Sonora and we entertained village children in Mexico. But that was a really, really long time ago. Forget I ever mentioned it.

Anyway, my husband is in the video business. So what does a woman call a man who spends most of his time either behind a camera, editing at the computer or laying out storyboards? How about . . . "Video Guy?" Or perhaps "Film Fellow?" Maybe it should be "Mr. Movie" or "Man of Action?"

Ooooh, I know: The Director. Sounds impressive. Very imposing and prestigious.

What d'ya think?

All right, Mr. DeMille. I'm ready for my close-up.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Say it with a French accent and I think you've got something there....



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...