Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Problem With Dish Gloves

The problem with dish gloves is that I'm right handed. I suppose it would also be a problem if I was left-handed. It would cease to be a problem if I was ambidextrous. Or if I had a left-handed twin.

My right thumb always wears out before my left glove shows the slightest sign of deterioration. So then I'm stuck with one horrible glove and one perfectly good glove. I hate to throw them both away, but I absolutely cannot allow water to trickle into my little thumb. It creeps me out.

I've tried to think of ways to recycle the left glove. I've worn it backwards on my right hand. Very uncomfortable. I've given it to my children to play "milking the cow." Very weird. I'm out of options.

Oooh -- wait. I just thought of something. (For real -- just now.) Maybe I could cut off the tip of the good left thumb and save it. When my next pair starts to fail me, I could somehow attach the good ol' thumb tip from the previous pair . . . . hmmm . . . . It just might work. I'm excited. Maybe there isn't a problem with dish gloves, after all.

(Please tell me I'm not the only one that obsesses over dish gloves.)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These people obsess, too!

    http://www.fancypantzdesigns.com/images/large/kitchenchic.JPG

    And I think they have oven mitts to match...!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...