Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Maximize Your Mornings . . . Join Us!}

For a few months now, I've taken part in the Maximize Your Mornings challenge through Kat's blog, Inspired to Action. I meet with a lovely group of ladies on our little facebook page throughout the week where we encourage one another in our efforts to "maximize our mornings."

This includes "waking up for our children, not to our children." We share Scripture, pray for one another and give each other virtual high-fives as we seek to begin our mornings with time in God's Word, some sort of physical exercise, and in planning for the day that lies ahead.

Sometimes we'll "check in" and say things like, "Well, I kinda hit the sleep button again . . . ." And other times it's a bit more personal. "Will you pray for me today? You see . . . ." And sometimes it's a specific note such as, "What kind of workout program do you enjoy using?" or "Do you have a prayer system that you've found to be helpful?"

It's a community of encouragement and accountability that I've found to be very helpful in my efforts to start each morning focused on the Lord and the people that He has placed in my life.

Our group is rather small at this time, and we'd love to welcome some new members. We happen to all be West-Coasters so that when we check in (at 8:00-ish) it's around the same time in the morning.

So. If you live on the West Coast and would like to take part in this challenge, I'd love to add your name to the group. Visit Kat's blog if you have any questions about the challenge itself (she's written a great, free e-book), and of course you can ask me about it, too.

Happy mornings, my friends!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...