Thursday, February 9, 2012

{Candor}

"Mom? Are you able to get up on my bed?"

Aidan nimbly scrambled to the top bunk, eager to show me one of the new additions to his LEGOs poster wall.

"Can I just kind of perch here on the edge?" I proposed.

"Sure." And he went on to explain in detail (and in a tongue that sounded rather foreign) all about the various characters and accoutrements splashed across the wall.

After I did my best at being an interested mommy while clinging pathetically to the rail, a certain question nagged. Why was he wondering if I would be able to climb up on his bed?

Did he think I was too old? Too uncoordinated? Not agile enough?

It rankled. I had to know.

"Aidan? Why did you ask whether or not I'd be able to get up on your bed?"

The candid child flatly stated, "You're a bit big."

They say that ignorance is bliss. They're right.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...