Thursday, February 2, 2012

{What If?}

I just can't help myself. I'm serving dinner, and there it is. I tear off that perfectly golden crusty end. And feast.

Our pastor mentions something like this during the Sunday service. We know what it's like to rip off a piece of that fresh loaf on the way home from the grocery store. Don't we all crave that bread? I nod, smiling. I've done it before and I'll do it again.

We crave. Our desires propel us to do something about it. Immediately. The desire must be satisfied.

What if at our every craving we reached for the true bread? What if we sought ultimate satisfaction in the bread of life? What if we reached for the One who has declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

To never hunger. To never thirst. To be satisfied. Always.

What if?

John 6:35
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...