Saturday, March 30, 2013

{Easter Happiness}

Oh, the baking, pinata making and egg dyeing going on over here today!


We've made a pinata for Easter ever since I was little, and I suppose I took it for granted and never explained to my own kids why we do it. Aidan walked by the pinata-in-the-making the other evening and said, "Whoa! For a minute I thought that was a huge egg!" I paused, furrowed the brow and explained that that's exactly what it's supposed to be.


One by one, as the kids entered the room I questioned (with some trepidation), "So . . . you know that this is supposed to be an egg, right?" And, one by one, the light dawned. I have since learned that it's a good rule of thumb to not assume things when it comes to children.


(I'll admit I was a bit miffed as we Skyped with my brother and three-year-old niece this morning. She saw the pinata and said, "Look at that egg!" Stinker.) 


The Easter bread is rising (another growing up favorite from my "Auntie" Marlene), and we thought we'd dye our eggs a little differently this year. I followed the directions as shared over here, and we had a lot of fun with the whimsical botanical patterns.


Today the sun is shining, the sky overhead is as blue as a robin's egg and the finches and chickadees are trying to outdo each other in their merry chatter.

But -- most joyous of all -- today I know that my Redeemer liveth. May you know that joy today, too. Happy Easter, dear ones!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...