Wednesday, May 1, 2013

{Opportunity}

A few months ago I had the privilege of interviewing a few young women in our community for an article which was featured in our local Vancouver Family Magazine:

(You can read the full article here.)

I was impressed by the number of individuals and businesses who have jumped on board to help the founder, Emily Gorchels, in an effort to provide new and gently used nursing bras to mothers in our community who otherwise might not be able to afford them.

Since then, I've been in touch with Emily to see how I might band together with some local moms to contribute a care package to her organization, Bras2Moms. She sent me a list of practical items that she would love to be able to offer to the women who come to her for help.

Mary Cassatt

I've started to collect some items on my own, such as protein bars and a few board books for toddler siblings who might be tagging along. I would love to have your help! If you're interested in adding to the package, I know it would bless the organization and the many women who walk through their doors. Here are a few items they could use:

washable nursing pads
non-perishable, healthy snacks
bottled water

Of course if you have any other ideas that would bless a nursing mama (lotions, burp cloths, board books . . .), I know they would love it! Let me know if you're on board, and we'll get this thing rolling.

Thanks so much, friends, and have a lovely May day!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...