Thursday, October 27, 2011

{Day 27} :: Kids to the Rescue

I think I might be coming down with a cold. This is unfortunate. Mothers aren't supposed to get sick. I've even heard that by the time you have four children, your immune system is remarkably strong. I hope so.

I have observed, however, one good thing about slowing down as the sniffles begin: the children rise to the occasion.


So tonight when I hinted that it might be nice if someone could read Avery her bedtime story, Aidan eagerly approached the bookcase. We snuggled on Miss Kate's trundle as he read a Richard Scarry book aloud, and the little one assumed the role of nurturer. She linked her arm through mine, sighed contentedly, and rested her head on my shoulder. Bliss.

When it was time to tuck everyone in, Bethie took on The Prayer. She sweetly began with thanking the Lord for the events of the day, then proceeded to remember as much as she could from the Scripture that I pray over them at night: "I pray that You would grow in us the fruit of Your Spirit . . . and that we would be lights for You . . . that . . . we . . . will dwell in the house of the Lord forever . . . ."

Ahhh, yes. This is just the medicine a mama needs. To know that they're listening, remembering and taking it to heart. To see that they are beginning to understand the power and comfort of God's Word, and to delight in the way that they tend to one another . . . and to their mama.

You know, maybe having a cold isn't so bad, after all.

Read about the thirty-one day challenge over here.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that made me misty-eyed, Julianna! So precious. As I tell everyone in my house at some point in the course of every day "It's good to be loved"!

    Don't you agree? Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...