Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 9: Dangerous

Generally, one is expected to remain somewhat composed during a church service. Especially when the pastor is speaking and all is hushed.

This becomes difficult, however, when sitting among a number of children. Now, my wee peeps are finally starting to get the hang of sitting through a service. It's a bit wiggly at first, but if they all have a Bible to thumb through and a paper to doodle on -- I mean take notes on -- then they're in pretty good shape.

I still find myself holding my breath during the sermon, though. What if one of them completely loses it? Jumps up and squirms, "I need to go potty!" Or grabs my head (messing with the do) and demands in a very loud whisper, "I need a Bible!"

Or, say, perhaps . . . begins to undress?

This is definitely cause for alarm. But some eight-year-old boys get really excited when wearing new undergarments. That new pack of seven tanks from Target? SO awesome. So awesome, in fact, that the boy just has to take a peek. During the sermon.

I look over just in time to see that five buttons from the dress shirt have mysteriously come undone. Because that tank underneath is just. that. awesome.

My eyes get as wide as possible, that I might silently yet urgently communicate the need to button. up. that. shirt. right. NOW. (Because mother loves you.)

Sometimes sitting with kids can be dangerous.


Read about the 31-day challenge over here.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I wonder if the pastor could see what was going on...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...